The Swaddle Diaries: The ErgoBaby Sleeping Bag + Swaddle
Update- I changed out some of the photos from the original post. I was using the swaddle wrong, yikes! The sleeping bag should go underneath the swaddle, not over it! My sincere apologies to ErgoBaby, mom's reading this and of course Miko!
I've been parenting for 3 months and getting to know my baby. One thing I know for sure is she doesn't agree all swaddles are the same. She's picky at everything, including what she's swaddled in. The ErgoBaby Sleeping Bag arrived in my mail and I’ll admit I was hesitant. Miko is a wild baby when it comes to sleeping and it took me a long time for me to use one type of swaddle for her at night (the ErgoBaby Sleep Swaddle, but that’s for another post!) If she uses another kind, it’s like she notices something is off and we start all over again.
I used the ErgoBaby Sleeping Bag on nap time. She rarely takes naps at 3 months and I didn’t want to risk losing her sleeping pattern and I was okay losing an afternoon on testing it out. Well, it didn’t go as planned. I didn’t lose an afternoon, I gained one. I was able to do things I couldn’t do when I normally wear her around the house- I worked out, I showered, I did my hair (a m e n), and I’m pretty sure half the time I was checking in on her. Now I finally understood what “sleep like a baby” means. She slept! I still reserve her other swaddler for night time but this is a good start!
What I liked -
- I instantly liked the two-piece set. It has a similar design to the ErgoBaby Sleep Swaddle but she can grow into it as her shoulder size grows.
- It’s adjustable. There’s three different size settings on the shoulders and at 3 months, she can comfortably fit in the smallest size, but still be roomy for the biggest one.
- I used the other Ergo Swaddle and when I doubled it, she had no problem sleeping.
- The light fabric is 100% cotton, and breathable.
- My favorite part of the design was the little peek in the fabric to check her diaper. I know it’s such a small detail but it’s a big help. I don’t have to unswaddle her to check and risk waking her.
- The swaddle is customizable. It can be worn alone, with the sleeping bag, or just the bag and no swaddle. It can be worn to fit her arms, one arm, or around her belly to calm her.
- I can leave the swaddle on and change her diaper. omg. I never thought I’d get so excited about these things but this is parenthood, right??
What I didn’t like-
- I couldn’t find anything to critique. Seriously. Maybe because it doesn’t come in pink?? Is that a valid review? Ha!
You can pick up your ErgoBaby Sleeping Bag here, and it comes in adorable sheep and elephant patterns! I promise more the ErgoBaby Swaddler soon! I should also note I played with the ABM PS actions and I really love the layers of Pearl and Just Kissed. It brings out Miko's pretty blues.
This post was a paid collaboration with Ergobaby. My opinions are mine. Other products mentioned and this blog are not associated, I just really love them.Thanks for your support!