The last time I dressed up for Halloween (and I should mention it was the first time in over 20 years) I had the hardest time finding a one in my size. It seems there isn't much of an in-between and I can either throw on a white sheet and call me a ghost or throw on a white lingerie and call me a nurse. I want something balanced. I want something I can walk in and say "This is it!" without having to spend so much time and money on making it. I love DIY costumes but I have no shame in just walking in and purchasing store bought. Below are my favorites!
1. Wonder Woman in skater dress. Do you remember when skater dresses were called A-line skirts? Anyways, I love this dress. It can be flattering if you're worried about that, but I love how I can just put on a pair of red shoes or boots. If you're running from work to a party, wear a cardigan over the top, add some dark rimmed glasses and you're Diana Prince!
2. Snow White- I love the cut of this costume- when I think of Snow White, I think of overly puffy sleeves and itchy ankle length skirts. This is not too puffy of sleeves, a classic length, and looks like Snow White got a modern makeover. Add some red lipstick, carry a red apple as an accessory and you're set.
3. Batgirl- See #1! Add a cardigan or even a thick belt to cover the Batman belt and it can be worn from work to party. And TBH, I'd wear this whether or not it was Halloween.
4. Pink Marionette- You're already a living doll! May as well go the extra step to dress up. I may be getting this one, and not just because it's pink.
5. Sexy Ariel/Mermaid inspired- So because we're a little curvy we have to dress up as Ursula? I think this costume is sexy without showing too much, but there's the option to show a little more if that's your thing. The fitted skirt has a metallic sheen that looks like you're under water when the light hits it. It's fun, sexy and next year maybe go as a mermaid zombie to recycle it (I saw a zombie nun costume so this doesn't sound crazy to me). Buy the skirt here, and the sexy wig here.
ourcitylights is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors