I took a break from blogging this week mainly because Scott and I are restoring our kitchen. One of the projects we're restoring is the stove. The house came with a 1940's O'Keefe and Merritt stove. It was full of grease, it smelled of gas leaking whenever we tried to use it, and no matter how hard we scrubbed, we could never get the stove clean. After researching on buying new stoves, we realized we had something special. This was a rare opportunity to own a little piece of history besides the house, and we decided to restore it. After asking my community for referrals (it's a historic community and the residents are big on preservations), Carolina's Appliances came to the rescue. Yes, they were pricey, but they also had the most recommendations. They even gave me a loaner stove in the meantime. The whole process took 6 weeks, and I'm so excited with the results.
Before, I could barely see inside because it was so disgusting.
Now, it looks brand new
The light, wiring, clock and instructions were ineligible to read and to use.
Every detail was taken care of, even this little piece was a big surprise, we had no idea it was there to begin with. The chrome griddle is actually for looks, we have a Teflon griddle to replace it on the stove when we do use it to preserve the chrome.