Danielle from Sometimes Sweet is one of the sweetest women in the blogesphere. Her sincerity and enthusiasm for life is infectious. I love following her encouraging updates on Twitter. She is also a mother to be (as you're reading this, there could be a very good chance she's already a new mom. I'm serious). I think I relate to her because it's not everyday I find a young, married tattooed woman with a panache for academia (and a nostalgia for Live Journal, ha!). Read on to see why I'm such a fan.
Hi Our City Lights readers! I'm Danielle from Sometimes Sweet. I am so incredibly excited to do some guest posting here on Diana's blog. I thought it would be fun to do a post about what I'm currently thankful for. So often I feel like I go through life kind of quickly, and I don't always stop and pause to reflect on so many things that I feel grateful for, big or small. I think it's so great to take a step back and just appreciate the goodness in our lives- I know it always makes me feel happier when I'm done. So, without further ado, here is my current gratitude list (which I will limit to five!). haha.
1) the beautiful town I live in. I never expected to make my life and start a family in a small town like this, but the longer I live here, the more I fall in love with it. I love the slower, sleepier vibe, and there are such wonderful things to do during each season; from the arts and crafts fairs on the square, the Christmas tree lighting, Dog-tober fest in the fall...there's something for everyone and such a lovely place to be. I am so excited for my son to grow up here and to experience all of it.
2) the every-tasty BLT. I am currently 9 months pregnant (as of today, October 16th) and I haven't had many cravings. However, just the other day I suddenly had an urge for what? You guessed it. A BLT. This is not something I normally eat, but for the past three days I've had one for lunch and I couldn't be happier. At the moment nothing tastes better to me than some turkey bacon, crisp lettuce, juicy tomato, a bit of mayo...all on warm, lightly toasted bread. SO GOOD.
(image via weheartit)
3) the Yeah Yeah Yeahs acoustic songs on the Itunes exclusive deluxe version of "It's Blitz!" Oh my gosh I already loved every song on this album but the acoustic versions get me every time. Happy, pleasant music that is truly a treat for the ears. Also, if you're viewing this via Google Reader be sure to click on the actual post to check out the playlist below! Enjoy.
4) My Boston Terrier Madeline. It's safe to say that my hubby and I are pretty obsessed with her. I seriously want to get a fancy oil painting done of her to hang above our mantle. She is the kindest, most gentle animal soul I have ever encountered and I love her more everyday. I wish I could somehow upload how amazing she is for all of you to somehow download so everyone could share in her love. Her heart is so big and she's just the most fun companion animal I've ever met. And c'mon, isn't she adorable?! She's going to be a great dog pal to our on-the-way baby boy. I can't wait to see them interact.
5) Girlfriends! I was going to actually say my husband, but I kind of feel like that's a given. So I wanted to devote #5 to the wonderful-ness that is a good girlfriend. I feel blessed to have many different kinds of ladies in my life, from girls I consider best friends to others who are more acquaintances but still play a role in my life. Women are so great and I've never been one of those gals who distrust or dislike females! I feel like we're all on the same team here and we should be supporting and lifting each other up. I really love the whole idea of girl power, as cheesy as it is. But seriously, girls rule! And when you find wonderful girls who complete you and fill your heart with joy and love...hold on to them! A lot of my gratitude definitely has to go to the wonderful girlfriends in my life for being there, supporting me, laughing with me, and enriching my life in so many ways!
So there you have it, five things from my gratitude list. I could keep going but five is a great start and I'm definitely smiling a bit wider than I was when I started. Thankfulness is a great feeling. I challenge all of you to do the same on your blog, and link back here!